19.07.2011
I’m sick again! Cough, constant sneezing, sore throat, and runny nose. I have a feeling I’m going to have to get used to this. My kids are always sick and always climbing on top of me, and my diet consists entirely of carbs. I try to remember to take a multivitamin daily, but fail most days.
I went out with Kevin last night to a mzungu restaurant names Pepe yesterday and had REAL pizza! It was SO DARN DELICIOUS! Kevin is the Masai tour guide from the safari we went on the weekend before last. What did he order? Chips kuku. I am so sick of eating chips (French fries) and kuku (chicken bits)! I guess when you grow up on it, it could become your favorite meal, right? I had a really good time talking to him and joking around with him. He was teaching me more Swahili and we talked about my time visiting the Masai village. He offered to take me to his village for a night, and I said I would love to. I would probably HATE sleeping there on the ground, but it’s an experience I’m up for and one I would surely never forget.
I talked to Danielle today! I miss her so much! I almost wish I hadn’t spoken to her though because now I miss her more than before. She was bragging to me that she was going to go white water rafting in Montana or southern Canada without me. I had fun rubbing it in that I am going to Kenya and then Uganda in two weeks to go white water rafting in the Nile with the crocs. Beat that Danielle!
I had a rough day in placement today. I was sick, and so was Em and Angela. We usually have one hour of teaching and three hours of play and hugging and loving. Today we were asked to teach for the full four hours because it was too cold (at 75 degrees) to go outside! The attention span of three to six years old is too short to attempt to teach for that long! They were acting up and not listening. I just wanted to sit down and cry or scream or do both. Obama even shoved chalk up his nose. He had to go to the hospital to have it removed so I don’t think we will see him in school tomorrow. I hope the weather is warmer tomorrow so we can have proper play time.
Living in the volunteer house with all these people is great. I love them all. All of us have different reasons for being here, but all are here to try to make a positive difference in the world. Tonight I am craving alone time though and cannot get it anywhere! I can’t leave the house because it’s dark and unsafe outside but I need to get out and be on my own for an hour or two. I think being sick has just made me a cranky Nelly. It’s only 2026 but I think I’ll crawl in bed and try to get some sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment