04.08.2011 Arrival Home
The bus ride home seemed shorter and more comfortable than the bus ride there. Maybe it’s because I was so exhausted that I actually fell asleep. We stopped more often that we did on the ride to Uganda , but the squatters weren’t any better. I didn’t eat or drink.
We arrived home and hopped on a dala dala to take us from Manzini to Sakina. It was full, and with our bags, very uncomfortable. But I felt at home! I was so happy to be back in Arusha, although I loved Uganda . I was even happy to see the garbage fires in the street, and feel the dust starting to collect in my nostrils.
We come home to a bunch of new orients. Fresh meat! Honestly, all I cared about was the toilet to pee, food because it had been a day since I ate, and my bed. I was asleep by 2000.
No comments:
Post a Comment