"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude." ~Cynthia Ozick

Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

12.08.2011 Off to Moshi!



12.08.2011  Off to Moshi!

            I left today after placement to go to Moshi to visit Kelvin at university.  I grabbed a bus at 1600, and was there about an hour later.  He picked me up and we went straight to meet his friends at a local club.  It was so great meeting all of them!  We danced and talked and had a great time.   Half way through our night, I noticed another mzungu across the bar, sitting on his own.  I invited him to join us.  He came to Moshi from England, doing something for the coffee exportation.  He is moving to Dar in a month, and has yet to visit Arusha.  I invited him to come visit. He seemed excited about it, so hopefully I’ll see him in a week! 
            After the club, Kelvin took me back to his university.  His dorms were so similar to what mine were at EIU, except there were clothes lines and washing buckets right outside the door.  The room to his key was huge, and reminded me of a key that might belong to a dungeon door.  But, they had….HOT WATER! WIRELESS! ELECTRICITY! I took advantage of only the hot water.  WHAT was I thinking?  I should have brought everything that needs charging, and my computer complete with all the pictures I have yet to upload onto facebook.  It was late and we had an early rise, so we took showers and then went straight to sleep.  Even his sheets reminded me of home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment